Cardamom Donuts with Rosewater Glaze & Pistachios
2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry or All Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon l.c. finns Cardamom extract
2 Tablespoons Almond Milk
1/3 cup Apple Sauce
6 Tablespoons Agave Nectar
3 Banana, well-mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons Rosewater
1/4 cup Pistachios, finely chopped
1 knob Coconut Oil
Make Dairy-Free Cinnamon Roll Waffles
Preheat the oven to 350° and mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in one bowl. In another bowl thoroughly mash bananas, and then add almond milk, apple sauce, cardamom and agave nectar and mix well.
Combine wet and dry ingredients, and lightly grease donut wells with coconut oil. Fill wells with batter 3/4 of the way up and bake for 11-12 minutes. Makes approximately 12 donuts.
While donuts are baking mix powdered sugar and rosewater for glaze, and chop pistachios.
White donuts are done, remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Dip them in the glaze, and while glaze is still wet sprinkle pistachios on top.
Rice pudding is a quick and tasty dessert that kids love! It’s a great way to use up that all that extra white or brown rice from homemade stir or Chinese take-out.
1. In medium saucepan, bring 1-1/2 c water to boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
2. In another saucepan, combine 1-1/2 c of cooked rice and 1-1/2 c milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, approximately 15-20 minutes.
3. Stir in remaining 1/2 c milk, beaten egg and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat, stir in butter and Vanilla and Cinnamon/Cardamom Extracts.
5. Serve warm.
This recipe was modified from the Star Tribune’s Christmas Cookie Contest winner from 2008. The prize was well deserved, these cookies are A-mazing!
To prepare cookies:
To prepare icing:
1. Preheat over to 350 deg F.
2. Grease & flour bread loaf pan.
3. Mix all bread ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Pour into bread loaf pan.
5. Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle on top.
6. Bake 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.7. Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan onto a wire rack and let cool completely (1 hour).X